Southern Tier District of the NYPTA
Southern Tier 2014 Budget
view the budget
There are several important bullets to read below, and information about our upcoming November meeting.
• We have a full slate of officers for this year:
Chair: Barb Belyea
Co-Vice Chairs: Marc Riley and Julianne Martin
Secretary: Kristen Mooney
Treasurer: Gauri MacDonald
Director: Joel VanSlyke
Thanks to all of you for serving!
- Our district needs representation at the annual New York Delegate Assembly (DA). This year, DA is on May 3rd in Saratoga, NY. We are typically allotted 6 PT delegates and 1 PTA delegate, so please let me know if you are interested in having a voice at this important professional meeting. (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Expenses are paid by our district).
- Also, we need a district delegate to House of Delegates in Charlotte, NC June 9-11, 2014. If you are interested in serving in this capacity, I need to submit your name by November 15th, so please email me your interest asap.
- Our first meeting of the fall will be Monday, November 18th at 7:00pm at Elite Therapy in Horseheads. Adam Walsh, PT, DPT and sports PT resident will be presenting on “Navigating the complicated ankle sprain”. The clinic is located on Rt 14 S in Horseheads, across from the Holiday Inn Express. Also at this meeting, we will be voting on our proposed budget for 2014. The budget can be found on the Southern Tier webpage for your information.
Hope to see you on November 18th!
Southern Tier District Newsletter:
April 11, 2013
Greetings, Southern Tier District member :
Our final meeting of the spring will be Thursday, April 25th at 7:00pm at Broome Community College’s Decker Health Science Building – Room 128. The BCC PTA students will be presenting their research on using boxing in the treatment of a person with Parkinson’s Disease.
Also at this meeting, we will hold elections for next year. We have 3 offices up for election / re-election: Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Chapter Director. PLEASE consider serving in one of these roles! The time commitment is very manageable and it’s a great way to get involved in your profession. If you are interested in finding out more about these roles or would like to considered, please contact me at Belyea@ithaca.edu.
Hope to see you on April 25th!
February 26, 2013
Greetings from Ithaca where it’s sunny . . . no, now it’s snowing. . . wait, now it’s sunny again!
If your New Year’s resolutions included getting more involved in the district, you’re in luck! There are lots of opportunities to share your time and talents with our district:
- The Chapter’s Leadership Committee is offering a Leadership Development Workshop from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 31st, 2013, paired with attendance at the delegate forum Friday night and Delegate Assembly on Saturday, June 1st at the Albany Marriott. Each district will be able to send one chapter-funded participant (PT, PTA or Student). Hotel room (1/2 room for Friday evening) and travel expenses will be covered by the Chapter. If you are interested in this fabulous opportunity to develop your leadership skills and learn more about the chapter, please let me know by March 15th (Belyea@ithaca.edu)
- Our district needs delegates for Delegate Assembly, held at the Albany Marriott on Friday, May 31st - Saturday June 1st. As you know, the DA is the highest deliberative body of the NYPTA. At this event, we will elect Chapter officials and discuss/debate Chapter and Association (House of Delegates) motions. It’s a great way to become familiar with the issues and share your opinions. If you are interested in serving as one of our delegates, please let me know by March 15th (Belyea@ithaca.edu)
- The national governance body occurs annually at the House of Delegates, and our district has had a strong record of sending representatives to this important forum. Delegates are elected a year in advance, so please consider this opportunity to join the national leadership at the 2014 HOD in Charlotte, North Carolina from June 9- June 11, 2014. For further information and to submit your nomination, please find the Nominating Committee page at www.NYPTA.org
- Interested in getting involved at a more local level? There are 3 offices of our district executive committee up for election / re-election this year: Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Chapter Director. Elections will take place at our April district meeting. If you are interested in finding out more about these roles or would like to considered, please let me know by March 15th (Belyea@ithaca.edu).
The next meeting of the Southern Tier District is Thursday, March 21st at Ithaca College. Details below . .
Southern Tier Budget Information
2013 Proposed Budget
Southern Tier Bylaws
Find the district Bylaws here.
Southern Tier District Budget Process
Read the budget process.
There are no meetings scheduled at this time.
Southern Tier District Leadership
||Joel VanSlyke, PT, DPT, GCS
||Barbara Belyea,PT, DPT, CSCS
||Denise Abrams, PT, DPT
||Kristen Hayek Mooney, PT, NCS
||Teresa Hoppenrath, PT, GCS
||Stephen Lahr, PT, PhD
||Debra Knapp, PTA
|Public Relations Liaison
||Michael Costello, PT