Strategic Plan -- 2017- 2019
NYPTA MISSION AND VISION
Core ideology describes an organization’s consistent identity that transcends all changes related to its relevant environment. Core ideology consists of two notions: core purpose (or mission)—the organization’s reason for being; and core values—essential and enduring principles that guide an organization. Envisioned future (or vision statement) conveys a concrete, but yet unrealized, vision for the organization. It consists of a clear and compelling catalyst that serves as a focal point for effort. Based on the Strategic Planning Session deliberations, the following is the core ideology and envisioned future for NYPTA:
The mission of the NYPTA is to empower and support its members in advancing the practice and profession of physical therapy through advocacy, education and research.
- Integrity and honesty
- Credibility – knowledgeable on the issues
- Open dialogue
- Member parity – equal opportunity for input
The NYPTA strives to be a leader in moving physical therapy forward by establishing evidence-based practice standards, preparing the next generation of physical therapy leaders and advancing APTA’s quest to promote societal health.
NYPTA GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Outcome-oriented statements represent what will constitute success to NYPTA in a 1-3 year timeframe in each of its major goals. The achievement of each goal will allow NYPTA to realize progress toward achievement of its Envisioned Future.
GOAL #1: NYPTA WILL PROMOTE THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF PHYSICAL THERAPY PRACTICE THROUGH ADVOCACY, PROGRAMMING COLLABORATION AND COMMUNICATIONS.
- Create innovative, convenient methods by which physical therapists and physical therapist assistants can acquire and integrate professional knowledge.
- Support research efforts to advance the science of physical therapy and the clinical practice of physical therapy in New York.
- Increase partnerships with physical therapist and physical therapist assistant educational programs to enhance high standards of physical therapy.
- Provide resources to enhance physical therapists’ and physical therapist assistants’ understanding of and appreciation for the professions’ core values and standards.
- Advocate for appropriate regulatory and legislative policies that ensure safe and effective delivery of physical therapy services in New York.
GOAL #2: NYPTA WILL ADVANCE THE PHYSICAL THERAPY PROFESSION’S ROLE IN IMPROVING THE HEALTH, WELLNESS AND FITNESS OF THE PEOPLE OF NEW YORK.
- Identify and prioritize existing and emerging population-based health needs in New York that can be addressed through physical therapy.
- Focus on 1-2 areas within NYSDOH 2013-2017 Prevention Agenda to increase awareness of the need for physical therapy interventions.
- Support education and resources to increase the proficiency and prevalence of physical therapists providing prevention and wellness services in New York.
GOAL #3: NYPTA WILL PROMOTE THE VALUE OF PHYSICAL THERAPIST PRACTICE TO ALL INDIVIDUALS IN NEW YORK.
- Increase partnerships with strategic allies in forwarding the mission of the NYPTA.
- Increase promotion of the NYPTA and the profession to the public and associated stakeholders.
- Advocate for appropriate legislative and regulatory policies that recognize the value of physical therapy services.
- Advocate for policy makers and the general public to recognize NYPTA as the preeminent voice of the physical therapy profession in New York.
- Advocate for payment systems that recognize and appropriately pay for physical therapy services.
- Anticipate and respond to evolving changes in the health service delivery environment and physical therapy practice in New York.
GOAL #4: NYPTA WILL ASSURE ACCOUNTABILITY AND EXCELLENCE IN THE ASSOCIATION’S GOVERNANCE.
- Prioritize new and existing opportunities for NYPTA.
- Increase partnerships between NYPTA volunteers and staff.
- Increase the cadre of effective leaders at all levels of NYPTA’s operation.
- Monitor all governing and administrative functions of the association to ensure that the mission is met cost-effectively and efficiently.
- Secure NYPTA’s financial future through sound financial management and planned growth.
Goal # 5: NYPTA WILL ACHIEVE CHAPTER MEMBERSHIP RATES NECESSARY TO BE AN EFFECTIVE, UNIFIED VOICE FOR THE PROFESSION.
- Increase PT and PTA membership by 2% annually.
- Develop new outreach initiatives to involve students pro actively with the association.
- Utilize APTA programs and services to the fullest extent in the advancement of NYPTA membership development.
posted April 10, 2017