Message from NYS Core Ambassador, Joe Lipsky
Monday, November 21, 2016
Posted by: Carla Rosenbaum
Your New York State APTASA student Core Ambassador here with your monthly update which whats going on!
Please be sure to forward this email to the rest of the program. We have a lot going on with tons of opportunities to get involved, so we don't want anyone missing out!
Is it just me, or did it feel like October was a whirlwind of activity between #PTmonth (see highlights here), #PTDOS, and #APTANSC (Yes, more highlights!)? The great thing about this was the amount of energy and momentum drummed up by 1 action-packed month. With November upon us, it's now on us to cease this excitement and put it to work in your communities, programs, and beyond.
· New APTA Student Assembly Board of Directors were just elected at the 2016 National Student Conclave (NSC) in October! Get to know them here.
· Have you heard of the APTASA #XchangeSA chats? Most of you have, but just in case some of you haven't read all about them and access the archive of past chats here. The November #XchangeSA chat was with our guest Leon Johnson, MBA, DEd, on the topic of financial literacy and debt management. In December we're trying something new. The December #XchangeSA chat will be happening using Facebook Live; we'll send out advance promos as we get closer.
· On that note, if you don't already follow APTASA on social media please do so! And tell your peers! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
· The #ChoosePT campaign to raise awareness about the opioid epidemic and the safe alternative of physical therapy for pain management is ongoing. APTA has begun working on new resources to share in the fall, including a compelling series of public service announcements for TV and radio. Be sure to check out the Move Forward #ChoosePT Web Resources to see when the latest items are posted.
· ICYMI: The November issue of the Pulse blog is out. Find the email in your inbox (check your promotions tab, gmail users) and forward this month's issue to your peers and instructors.
- Student Special Interest Group! an incredibly motivated group of students are starting a new SSIG. Are you interested in being a part of the process?
- Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Did students in your state attend NSC 2016? We heard many times while at NSC that if more students could attend this conference, they would feel connected, engaged, and excited about APTA and their future profession.
· Share the energy of NSC with your classmates. Send them links to our video dispatches and to podcasts developed in cooperation with PT Pintcast.
· Check out what your CA had to say on the PT Pintcast from NSC here!
CLOSE THE LOOP:
· Anything cool, neat, or noteworthy happening in your state? We want to know. Send items to your regional lead. We'll include them in the November Pulse within the "In the Loop" column or share them on social media.
· Last month I was featured in the October Pulse
· read the article here
·I want to hear from you! Please contact me email@example.com with feedback!
oFacebook: New York DPT/ PTA Students is a group where I post a ton of great resources for students, ways to get involved and current event topics!
· So want to get involved? Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Or find me Social Media
o Facebook: @Joe Lipsky
o Twitter: @Joseph_Lipsky1
o Linkedin: Joseph Lipsky
Joseph L. Lipsky, Student Physical Therapist, CSCS
APTA Student Assembly Core Ambassador, NY
DPT Class 2018